Successful people ask better questions.
Accountability is one of the hardest things we as people have to overcome. Most of us through out the duration of our lives are held accountable by our parents, our teachers, our employers, and etc. As we get older and become adults, all of a sudden we decide to do our own thing and we do not have anyone to hold us accountable anymore.
Many people do not like to hold themselves accountable. It’s easier to put it on someone else, to procrastinate, or just quit. We have to step up to the plate and hold ourselves to a new standard of personal accountability! Not for just us, but for our kids and others. One way to do so is to allow the guidelines that GOD has set concerning how to treat people, how we should work for our goals and dreams, and overall living in life be an example.
I have come up with some ways that will help you try to be more accountable.
- Have the willingness to be accountable. When you are willing to be accountable, then you will have the ability to show responsibility for your actions good or bad. It shows integrity and honesty which allows you to have the courage to be truthful with yourself.
- Drive for results. Clearly define the results that you are looking for and want. By doing this it gives you a fair amount of control on how you can deliver your results in the best way possible.
- Clear vision and direction. Many times you chase after numerous things without never catching them because you are pulled all over the place. You can’t expect to be accountable if there is no real clear vision for where you are trying to go. If you don’t know where you are going, how can you be clear on what is needed to accomplish your needs?
- Trust. Trust and believe in yourself. Doubt will kill more dreams than anything living. Trust in your ability to accomplish anything that you desire with hard work.
- Ability to change. Applying the ability to change allows you to accept feedback, take on challenges, show concern, be open to ideas and opinions, set clear goals, and etc. Change does not mean you have to change everything about yourself. On the other hand, you may have to change certain aspects to begin to grow and see things in a different light.
- Ask for help. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Asking for help may help you clear up a lot of conflict. Which in turn get you started in the right direction.
Accountability is the glue that ties commitment to results. Surround yourself with people that force you to do better. You either want to make progress or keep making excuses. Either way the choice is yours. Choose wisely As always remember If You Don’t Have Will, You’re In The Way! #followfitnessmotivators #maximumeffortatalltimes