Have you ever thought what you do today and how it will affect your life ten years from now? To be honest most people are so much into instant gratification and have never thought about this. The future is very sensitive and highly dependent on the present. The events that might seem insignificant now can be the very things that completely transform your future. What has happen, short-term pleasure has altered people’s thought process to where they never consider how their actions, one single step can impact their whole life.
When making a choice, one should be aware of how their choice will affect the future consequences of their lives. Of course there are different types of choices. Some will be easy to make. On the other hand, some will be more difficult. For instance, one easy choice for some may be should you buy that new piece of clothing? Then there are some other difficult choices that will affect other parts of your life in different ways. Like life decisions such as career, moving, etc. are very difficult because in many of those cases, the response to that choice will be long-lasting. For some, becoming healthy is a big life changing decision because its a must and very important need. It just depends where it falls on your priority list. I came up with an idea. I have put together a list of aspects that you can use while making choices that will help shape your life:
1. Small or big pray and ask GOD about the decision. Guide your thoughts, create a patience, and allow your ears to listen. The answer he has for us it much better than the answer we tend to come up with.
2. Ask what is important and valuable to you? What you value may not be as important to someone else. So know what you value most.
3. Don’t lose focus on your future. Many people tend to make choices based on life as it appears right now instead of looking to the future. Does your choice create an opportunity within the goals that you have set for yourself for the future?
4. Have you looked at all the alternatives and considered different scenarios? Sometimes you just might consider a different outcome.
5. How important is this decision or choice. If it’s important are you willing to work on it? Instead of getting caught up on how important the choice, flip it and see what a positive impact will it have on your life if you decide to make it.
6. Don’t forget to use your “intuition” as well. Be ok with your decision. No matter what others think sometimes as a leader you have be willing to accept your choice and go with it even if nobody agrees with you. If it don’t go as plan it’s ok because you never lose, you always win because you use as a tool of GROWTH.
Use these steps and ideas to help shape your choices. I would love to here you thoughts of this blog. Please feel free to leave me comments and thoughts. I look forward to hearing from you. As always, if you don’t have Will, you’re in the Way!!